Hi guys, on this blog I will share about laravel tutorials. For this tutorial we will focus on how to install Laravel on the Windows operating system.
To be able to install and run laravel properly and perfectly, I suggest that you pay attention to the server needs according to the version of laravel you want to use. To run Laravel version 5.5, you need the following web server:
- PHP version >= 7.1.3
- OpenSSL PHP Extension
- PDO PHP Extension
- Mbstring PHP Extension
- Tokenizer PHP Extension
- XML PHP Extension
After all the needs of the web server have been met, then now we are ready for the installation process. Here are the steps for installation laravel:
1. Open your CMD / terminal
2. Enter the xampp directory and enter the htdocs folder
3. Type this command
composer create-project --prefer-dist laravel/laravel blog "5.5.*"
4. After that, press Enter then the installation process will begin
5. The results of the command above will produce a project with the name “blog”
6. This process requires a stable internet connection, please wait until the process is complete
7. After the installation process is complete, type the following command to run
php artisan serve
8. Type http://localhost: 8000 in the address bar
9. Or you can also directly type localhost/blog/public into the address bar
10. If all the processes you have done are correct, then the display should appear like this
Finally, Laravel has been successfully installed. Good luck with this laravel tutorial.